Saturday, September 29, 2007

MY WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS

„At home and Plaza most of the time”

After Bieszczady (I told you about it) I spent some time at home. Day by day my friends and I would discover the wonders of the Plaza Centre- Lublin’s newly built shopping arcade. I got to like the kind od window shopping very much. We went to the cinema too from time to time. It was compulsory for us to go and see the latest Harry Potter movie- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. What a wonderful movie that is! I think it is about the best in the whole Harry Potter series. And then there is Daniel Redcliffe himself- all the girls seemed to sigh at him as he kissed little Cho. I will share my little secret with you- to me as far as attractiveness is concerned Daniel Redcliffe has a quite strong rival and that is Rupert- you know the one who plays Ron Weasley.

“A family stay in Kaszuby”

At the end of July my parents, my brother and I went to Kaszuby. However the weather was so beautiful at the time that we preferred to spend time on the beach rather than visit some more folklore museums. And so as a result I remember more of Łeba, Sopot or Gdańsk than the Kaszubian Kartuzy, Kościerzyna or Złe Mięso. (little village :D )

“A trop to Supraśl/Vilnius” (Wilno)

Closer to the end of summer my family and I with my aunt, uncle and grandpa went to Supraśl near Białystok. There we did some sightseeing of the town as well as went on trip to a lovely city of Vilnius. In Vilnius we went to see the Old Town and the Polish Rasos Cemetery with its grave of the Polish Field Marshal Józef Piłsudki. I also saw the Gate of Dawn and prayed to Virgin Mary of the gate of Dawn. Vilnius is full of mementos of the history of Poland and that is why I sometimes like to think this city is a piece of polish soil.

ALL THESE EXPERIENCES MADE THIS ONE UNFORGETTABLE SUMMER!!!

Tiger










It is the Virgin Mary of Gate of Dawn ( Matka Boska Ostrobramska)





It is the Gate of Dawn (Ostra Brama)




From left: my aunt Ela, me, my mum Modesta, my brother Daniel, my grandpa Darek and my dad Leszek. My uncle Zbyszek took this photo. We are at Rasos Cemetery behind the Piłsudski’s mother tomb. There is Piłsucki’s heart too.








From left: my brother, my uncle, me, my mum, my dad and my grandpa. At here my aunt took the photo. We are in front of the famous University in Vilnius.




This is my horibble brother!!! ;)






In the best restaurant with pancakes!! Mmmm…



This notice everyone can understand. :D

3 comments:

Our class said...

Wow! your brother is great..it's real men!!
Your holidays was fine too!

Our class said...

it was my comment.monika p
+great photos

Our class said...

Dear Iga,
Let me start with a remark about your English: excellent!
It was a real pleasure to read your summer memories. Thanks for many interesting details and the collection of beautiful photos as well.
As you probably guess I miss the broomstick flight photo though! :)
You had such exciting holidays. Hope next summer will bring you lots of nice moments too.
I have never been to Lithuania. It is one of the places I would love to visit some day.
Have a great new week.
Jolanta Gajda